Friday, December 07, 2007

Does Port Angeles Have Too Many Utility Workers?

Yesterday’s Peninsula Daily News reported that Port Angeles’ new budget — passed unanimously by the City Council — will be paying for a new position: City Planner. And at the same time, one electric utility lineman position will be eliminated. They're also eliminating one administrative assistant position and two summer internships.

Are these the right priorities? When hundreds of local residents are sitting in their cold dark homes during a power outage, perhaps they're thinking “we have too damn many utility workers out there. What we really need is a city planner.”

Have you ever thought that?

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Never once have I ever thought "gee, the gubermint should hire another bureaucrat. that'll just fix everything up right and proper". Never once. On many occasions, though, I have thought the city is without a plan, a clue, or even a wild guess.

I am curious, does city hall have a dumpster?

8:17 PM, December 07, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Edna Petersen for city planner! Or Richard Headrick! Or Peter Ripley!

2:09 PM, December 09, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

slightly off topic..... but maybe not. I just received a notice from the city, seems there is now an ordinance in place governing the solid waste collection. It makes it mandatory to have solid waste collected for commercial buildings that receive city water.The minimum rate is $21.75 per month! I have two businesses, both of which produce one bag of garbage per month as we recycle everything else.I will now have to baby sit 2 trash bins and pay the city $42.75 for a service I don't want or need! Have you observed the junk that goes into commercial garbage bins? I have, let me name a few choice items..... dead racoons, computer, condoms, sofas, chairs,syringes,grass clippings desks, etc. I do not want to have to be the care taker of a trash bin on my property.Nor do I care to pay the city one more dime! If you have comments or questions you can contact Tom McCabe the solid waste superintendent at 417-4872 or email him at tmccabe@cityofpa.us

5:08 PM, December 17, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home