Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Some Changes

OK, there've been a few changes here. I've been on jury duty for the past week and a half, so I haven't spent much time online and I've had plenty of time to think about what to do with this blog.

First of all, I've re-enabled my Blogger Profile. I have two blogs (I started the other one in October 2004) and I've been keeping them separate by having my Blogger Profile disabled. Now that it's enabled again, you can find the other blog by clicking on "View My Complete Profile" in the upper right corner.

Warning: If your political views are right of center, you might find some of the contents offensive. Enter at your own risk.

The main reason I've kept the two blogs separate is: I have Comment Moderation at the other blog. I didn't want to use Comment Moderation at this site, since it's supposed to be a forum and I wanted to have maximum participation. I figured that if the two blogs were connected, angry rightwingers could follow the link from the political blog to this one and start leaving twisted obnoxious comments. (It used to happen at the other blog before I switched to Comment Moderation.)

And that brings us to the second change here: Comment Moderation. This was a difficult choice but it seems like the only solution. I'm not trying to censor opinions, and off-topic comments are still welcome. But if a comment is pointless, or trying to derail a discussion, or if another commenter is being attacked, I probably won't publish it.

So you've got two blogs here for the price of one. Enjoy. Or not.

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I apologize for any remarks I have made that have been offensive to anyone. If I make any further comments, I will restrict them to your blog posts rather than comments left by other people.

5:38 AM, March 26, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wabi Sabi here-Right on Tom. This blog was getting tiresome.Humourous, intellegent, and opinionated comments will hold up.
Keep up the great work.
Who hijacked is fabulous!

6:54 AM, March 26, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Movie: Katherine ?

9:46 AM, March 26, 2008  
Blogger Tom Harper said...

No, but you're close. That quote is from a movie with a girl's name.

10:20 AM, March 26, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah, got it.

Christine

10:27 AM, March 26, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good! The nonsense perpetrated by the trolls of the right and other pranksters was getting out of hand.

10:58 AM, March 26, 2008  
Blogger Tom Harper said...

Right you are -- Christine.

Dang, now I have to put a new quote up there...tomorrow...

2:18 PM, March 26, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You got to make these harder.

Tom "There ain't no devil, there's just god when he's drunk" Waits

1:16 PM, March 27, 2008  
Blogger Tom Harper said...

Yup, Tom Waits. I guess these are too easy.

3:06 PM, March 27, 2008  
Blogger Via said...

Glad to have found your blogs. RSS thingie is missing, though.

Mulholland Drive, though I cheated. I knew it wasn't Driving Miss Daisy, but had to confirm.

7:39 AM, March 31, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home