Wednesday, March 04, 2009

Port of Port Townsend Might Buy Old Fort Townsend State Park

Old Fort Townsend State Park might be sold by the state government, and the Port of Port Townsend is a possible buyer.

Port of Port Townsend Executive Director Larry Crockett and Port Commissioner John Collins both think the park’s operation and maintenance could be “cost neutral.” They’re counting on additional fees and revenues being generated by making improvements to the park’s RV sites.

There’s also the possibility of a boat ramp being constructed at the park.

So far, Bogachiel State Park — the other Olympic Peninsula park that might be sold or closed — doesn’t have a potential buyer. Forks Mayor Nedra Reed is hoping that officials from Forks, Clallam County and local tribal leaders will find a way to keep the park open.

Labels: , , , , ,

8 Comments:

Blogger BBC said...

“cost neutral.”

Stop cracking me up, I'm getting too old to laugh that frigging hard, you want me to have a frigging heart attack?

Cost neutral my ass, there is no such thing as a city, county or port authority that is cost neutral.

That is why the taxpayers have to support them and all the stupid things they do.

It says so right on my coffee cup. "I'M SURROUNDED BY FUCKIN' IDIOTS".

If they want to buy that land and start a business there, fine, but not with one penny of taxpayers money, they can do it on their own dimes.

5:25 PM, March 04, 2009  
Blogger BBC said...

I think that I need to present a plan to the city to bail me out, all I need to do is start a business and get in trouble and ask them to support me.

Never mind, they are not helping those small business owners downtown.

Not that I'm saying they should. I've owned a few businesses and to me it's make it or break it on your own.

And I've done both.

7:00 PM, March 04, 2009  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

There are only 13 state parks in Washington that are getting the axe, and 2 of those parks are on the Olympic Peninsula. Isn't that kind of fishy?

8:09 PM, March 04, 2009  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It says so right on my coffee cup. "I'M SURROUNDED BY FUCKIN' IDIOTS".

I feel sorry for your coffee cup, Billy.

7:52 AM, March 05, 2009  
Blogger BBC said...

There is a Save The Pool flea market at the Eagle's on Saturday.

Anonymous: don't worry about my coffee cup. Our leaders would love it if we didn't pick on them and we haven't much in the recent past and that is why there is now this big mess.

11:51 AM, March 05, 2009  
Blogger BBC said...

My other coffee cup says, THERE WAS A HELL OF A LOT OF THINGS THEY DIDN'T TELL ME WHEN I SIGNED ON WITH THIS OUTFIT.

I don't camp at state parks, they are too expensive to camp in.

7:00 PM, March 05, 2009  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL...Billy's coffee cup lives a lonely, pitiful existence!

7:11 PM, March 06, 2009  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Billy...it seems your coffee cup has alot to say to you!

12:49 PM, March 08, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home