Friday, March 06, 2009

Large Housing Development Approved by Port Angeles City Council

There’ll be a 139-lot development in Port Angeles, near Ahlvers Road and Laurel Street. The completed project will consist of single-family and multi-family homes on 34.5 acres.

The development should be completed during 2011. Yesterday’s approval was just for the first of three phases of the project.

The developer is Sharron and Associates, based in Bellevue. According to Sue Roberds — city planning manager — the multi-family units should be the easiest to sell with the economy being what it is.

The development, near Valley Creek, will include wetland mitigation (as required by the Army Corps of Engineers). Nathan West, city economic and community development director, said the project is a good balance of housing needs and environmental protection. He said: “It's an efficient use of urban resources.”

Labels: , , ,

7 Comments:

Blogger BBC said...

Considering all that is coming down it pretty much looks like a wet dream to me.

But if they want to toss money at it that is fine with me, as long as any of it isn't my money.

Off subject but I see that the hospital isn't going to assist in end of life decisions.

They actually called it suicide. You are at the end of your life, you don't want to suffer or be here anymore, how in the hell does that make it suicide?

Obviously Thompson Hunter didn't sweat that crap, and neither will I.

I can see where the health care folks might want to keep vegetables alive for as long as they can though.

There may be some good money in just sticking tubes into someone to keep them alive so you can bill someone for the care.

I don't suppose they are much trouble being as they can't do much other than lay on a bed, other than changing a diaper.

I really don't want to leave this world the way I came into it, shitting in a diaper and having to depend so much on others.

Na, I don't need that hospital if I decide to move on. But to be clear, I think we have a fine hospital here, it's one of the few bitches I have about this town.

Other than the fact that some of the staff there gets paid way too damn much.

Still, I have not one single complaint how I've been treated there, I think they have been great.

6:09 PM, March 06, 2009  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

BBC-

I enjoy your comments.

Alex
Port Hadlock

7:19 PM, March 06, 2009  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good gravy! A suburban Lee Hotel!

7:22 PM, March 06, 2009  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The economy is so bad, even the environmentalists are happy about this development.

7:28 PM, March 06, 2009  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Uh, I think you meant Hunter Thompson, Billy.

9:25 AM, March 07, 2009  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Na, I don't need that hospital if I decide to move on.

If we don't hear from you again, we'll know what happened. Thanks, Billy!

3:10 PM, March 07, 2009  
Blogger BBC said...

I did mean Hunter Thompson, sorry about the brain fart.

Anonymous @ 3:10 PM: Don’t let your lack of knowledge interfere with my (our) brilliance. :-)

5:30 PM, March 07, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home