Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Chrysler and Murray Motors

Chrysler has offered to reinstate 36 of the 789 dealers that it threw under the bus last year. Port Angeles’ Murray Motors is one of the dealers that got cut loose by Chrysler, and so far it isn’t one of the dealers that Chrysler has offered to take back.

Mark Murray, owner of Murray Motors, said: “To me, it's like remarrying your ex-wife. Most of us don't want to do it. It's pretty well past the point of no return. I got rid of all the Chrysler cars and a lot of the parts.”

Mark Murray is the third-generation owner of Murray Motors. Murray Motors started in Clallam Bay in 1934 and moved to Port Angeles in 1944.

The contrasts between Murray Motors and Chrysler is a microcosm of two vastly different types of companies: a local small business that’s thrived for three generations by providing excellent service and has countless loyal customers, vs. a gigantic bloated corporation that doesn’t care about anything except enriching its highest-paid executives.

Labels: , , ,

6 Comments:

Anonymous October said...

I agree with Mark Murray.

7:49 PM, March 30, 2010  
Anonymous Neighbor said...

I agree too -- I hope he sticks to his guns.

Murray Motors has a really great service department, and they service all makes and models. They are dependable, never gouge, and everybody's nice. What's not to like?

I hope everybody takes their car there for service.

8:11 PM, March 30, 2010  
Blogger BBC said...

I can see where Chrysler hasn't offered to take them back, this is still a small town even though it's too big for me.

But as a retired master mechanic and service manager in a few shops and dealerships (Ford, GM, Mopar) I have a bit of experience in this field.

And I can tell you one thing, when it comes to treating mechanics right on warranty repairs GM really &%#$@! sucks.

The favorite Chrysler I ever had? A 1964 Chrysler 300 convertible. That baby would squat down on the road at 110 MPH and coo along all day long.

Not saying I did that though. :-)

8:11 PM, March 30, 2010  
Blogger BBC said...

That reminds me of something else. I once took a picture of a dashboard and speedometer of a 1968 Chrysler station wagon when the speedometer was sitting on 110 MPH.

And that Chrysler had over 200 K on it and I had bought it for fifty bucks. Boy, the good days when things were good and Chrysler's rocked.

I really miss the good old days.

8:25 PM, March 30, 2010  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Chrysler's new cars are all ugly, and I hope they go belly up with their stupid decisions.
I'll continue to support Murray Motors for all my car repair needs. They are fairly priced, do good work, and have never lied to me.
Good for them for having a spine!!

11:01 AM, April 09, 2010  
Anonymous AGW said...

I certainly hope Murray Motors can stay open. I think Chrysler treated them very unfairly, more like shafted them. And just an FYI, they took some of the larger dealerships out as well. Chrysler needs to take a seriously look at what it's done to the economy and America.

I go to Murray Motors for all my car repairs and have for years. That will never change!!!!! They're a family owned and operated business and treat you like family when you come there.
I've never had to worry about my car when they work on it. And they don't find *magical problems* like a lot of the other dealers and repair shops to inflate your bill.
They are honest and stand behind their work!

As for Chrysler, I hope they rot in .... That's not how you treat the American people.

I hope that everyone in the community helps Murray Motors by supporting them through this!

7:22 AM, May 04, 2010  

Post a Comment

<< Home