Monday, May 12, 2014

Clallam County PUD to Raise Electricity Rates

Beginning this July, electricity rates will go up by 3.5% for everyone in Clallam County except Port Angeles residents.  According to the PUD, this will come out to roughly a $3.35 monthly increase to a customer who uses 1,200 kilowatt hours per month.

Doug Nass, PUD general manager, said:

“Commissioners spent much time during the public budget hearing process considering when to increase, and by how much to increase, rates.  This rate increase is consistent with our strategic objective of maintaining stable rates and financial responsibility to our customers.”

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

At least PUD customers won't have to pay for smart meters and variable rates based upon times of electrical use.

4:38 PM, May 12, 2014  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Better check the minutes of their meeting.
I think you missed something...........

6:53 PM, May 12, 2014  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, but people in Port Angeles have so much more fun paying all those utility bills, and use fees, and base fees and SO much more!

6:56 PM, May 12, 2014  
Blogger BBC said...

Just yesterday I applied for the low income old farts discount so it won't affect me.

1:39 AM, May 13, 2014  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have changed my appliances, set up solar panels (not expensive, if you do it yourself) and my electric bill is now around $6 a month (after meter charges), even through the winter months.

So, a 3.5% increase won't mean much. Plus, I'm not done changing my stuff to take advantage of what can be done.

5:47 PM, May 14, 2014  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

5:47 Sounds illegal, and dangerous. If it were only true! (That means it's a lie and you are a WEAK TEABAGGIN TROLL). But hey, the tinfoil hat crowd needs new material, I guess (screw the elec. co. - it's quick and easy!) I made my own tinfoil hat once (out of tinfoil) instead of asking my neighbor (the guy who lives next door) and saved a dollar! (that's one tenth of ten dollars). DUR!

3:42 AM, May 15, 2014  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

@ Anon 3:42 AM

Wow! You really need to get some help.

No, it is not a lie. My electrical bill is about $6 a month, or less. I'd post a copy, but, well, that would be really stupid.

So, I'm guessing you're jealous, and all you can do is whip up insults.

Sad. Really.

10:42 AM, May 15, 2014  

Post a Comment

<< Home